450m & 700m Open Water
Date(s) and Times
2020 Lake Opening Times
23 May to 27 September:
Sat & Sun: 07:00-10:00, 11:00-13:00
Tues & Thurs: 17:00 - 20:00
Mon & Wed: 07:00-10:00
Reading Lake Hotel
The lake is situated at the Reading Lake Hotel [formerly the Copthorne Hotel] off Junction 11 on M4.
Exit the M4 at Junction 11 and follow the A33 towards Basingstoke. At the 2nd set of Traffic Lights filter right and then turn right again at the mini roundabout; follow signs for the Copthorne Hotel. The Hotel is only 2 miles from Junction 11. Enter the Hotel complex and look for the Beach Flags in the far right corner of the Car Park.
£8.00 per swim
TRI2O SWIM CENTRE
Tri2O Swim Centre 2020:
We are now open for Open Water Swimming however in order to keep everyone as safe as we can we will be limiting our numbers and as such our initial opening format will be one hour slots as highlighted below. Please note that these sessions must be pre-booked [details below] to enable to us to manage the number of swimmers with us at any time
We have also been able to open up another part of the lake, Lockdown Lake, to allow additional swim sessions to try and accommodate as many of you as we can.
Saturday & Sunday (Booking available on Wednesdays from 8pm)
11:00 - 12 noon - Lockdown Lake
12 noon - 1pm - Lockdown Lake
Monday (Booking available on Wednesdays from 8pm)
Tuesday & Thursday (Booking available on Wednesdays from 8pm)
Tuesday 12:30-1:30 - Lockdown Lake (booking available on Thursdays at 8pm)
Wednesday (booking available on Thursdays at 8pm)
Spaces can be purchased here and will be sold on a first come first serve basis – please note ‘walk-ups’ [i.e. if you have not booked] will be refused entry. Please read and acknowledge the waiver form to save time/ contact when you arrive at the lake.
We are aware that not everyone will get a space due to the limited numbers initially available however we are looking to add additional times/ dates as demand requires.
We have updated our swimmer guidelines as follows:
- Pre-paid bookings only – booking of consecutive slots on same day is not allowed.
- Price per swim has been temporarily increased to £8 to cover our costs which have remained the same – we hope you understand and this will be reviewed and amended as we get back to normal.
- Entry to lake using usual pathway.
- Booking checked upon arrival.
- Swimmers expected to arrive lakeside at their pre-booked time changed and ready to swim [changing rooms will not be available and staff are not able to assist with zipping up wetsuits]. There will be a designated area for you to leave a bag/ dry-robe etc.
- Entry will be via usual jetty – social distancing to be respected by all swimmers whenever required.
- ‘Faffing’ [acclimatisation] upon entry is allowed, on the condition you move away from the entry point so as not to delay other swimmers from entering the water.
- Exit will be via separate ‘Swim Out’ point – this will be shown to you when you arrive. You may be reminded by kayakers when your allocated time is nearing an end.
- Upon finishing your swim, please collect your bag and leave via separate exit route [sign-posted].
- No changing allowed at lakeside.
Additional information [please note these will be regularly reviewed and updated according to Government/ Governing Body advice]:
- No beginners will be allowed to swim – experienced open water swimmers only.
- Only experienced ‘skins’ swimmers allowed to swim without wetsuit.
- Age 14 years and above only.
- Anyone with pre-paid cards from last year will not be able to use these initially, but they will still be valid when we get back to normal [or new normal].
- No spectators/ support crew/ dogs/ cats/ rabbits.
- Refreshments will not be available onsite.
- No socialising allowed lakeside [except with members of your own household or one other person -as per current Govt guidelines].
- Hire-suits and wetsuit sales not available.
- No equipment loans available (e.g. swim hats, goggles).
- If you have any Covid-19 symptoms please do not book and visit us until you have completed the required quarantine period.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry.
- if you don’t arrive at your allocated booking time refunds will not be issued – use it or lose it!
All swimmers MUST complete and sign a Waiver Form [once only for the season] and register before entering the water (available ONLINE HERE or DOWNLOAD HERE if you wish to speed registration on arrival).
Please adhere to the Tri2O Rules and Regulations detailed onsite. My Sporting Times /Tri2O reserve the right to refuse admission or remove swimmers from the water if the safety of other swimmers is compromised.